Topic:- Improved Methods Of Agriculture
Subtopic:-Types of Fertilizers
Types of Fertilizers
Most of the people do not realize the adverse effects of Chemical fertilizers. As it need not to say that chemical fertilizer’s main ingredients are chemicals which have more of disadvantages than advantages. Chemical Fertilizers affect your lawn, your family, your pets and ground water. Looking at the cons of Chemical Fertilizers:
- Chemical Fertilizers are soluble in water hence quick release and due to which plants get only half of the benefits.
- With Chemical fertilizers plants grows shorter roots and relies upon fertilizers to sustain itself.
- Chemically maintained soils have high acidity, which is not good for grasses to grow.
- EPA registration of a chemical does not imply that the chemical has been proven to be safe. Many used regularly by lawn-maintenance companies are possible carcinogens and could also cause nervous system damage.
- High nitrogen in chemical fertilizer may lead to lower self sufficiency of the soil.
Benefits of Chemical Fertilizers:
- With nitrogen rich chemical fertilizers, plants grow faster and more greener then without chemical fertilizers.
- Quick pest control due to -icides.
Now we know clearly about the pros and cons of chemical fertilizers. But we still need to know about the Natural Fertilizers / Organic Fertilizer. Only after that we will be able to decide which fertilizer we want to choose for our plants. Lets first looks at the cons of Natural Fertilizers:
- Natural Fertilizers takes bit longer to show the results.
- Chemical Free weed care don’t completely eradicate weeds.
Now let’s have a look at the advantages of Natural Fertilizers / Organic Fertilizers:
- Natural Fertilizers are not soluble in water due to which they have slow release and hence have long term effects.
- Slow release by natural fertilizers have less effects on the carbohydrate reserves of the lawn.
- By using natural fertilizers have plants have longer and stronger roots because of moderate nitrogen content.
- Natural Fertilizers supports the growth of Micro organisms. Which will increase the rate of decomposition.
- Natural Fertilizers do not have any acidic ingredients, hence no increase in pH of soil. Hence the micro organics remains there in the soil for its maintenance. This is nature’s way to retain the soil fertility.
- As chemical fertilizers are chemical free, hence they have no harmful effect on your family, your pets or on the ground water.